We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 egg, 3/4 cup veggie mixture
- COOK TIME
- 22 Min
Don't let the name scare ya! Shakshuka is basically eggs, cooked in a flavor-packed, chunky tomato sauce. Our Simple Shakshuka is inspired by the dish that originated in North Africa, and that's now popular all over the world. Just wait until you taste how great it is!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 eggs
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and bell pepper, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in feta cheese and cilantro.
- Using a spoon, make 5 indentations in tomato mixture and crack 1 egg into each. Cook 10 minutes or until eggs are set.
We suggest serving this flavor-packed dish with pita wedges, so you can mop up the tasty sauce!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.