We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 egg, 3/4 cup veggie mixture
- COOK TIME
- 22 Min
Don't let the name scare ya! Shakshuka is basically eggs, cooked in a flavor-packed, chunky tomato sauce. Our Simple Shakshuka is inspired by the dish that originated in North Africa, and that's now popular all over the world. Just wait until you taste how great it is!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 eggs
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and bell pepper, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in feta cheese and cilantro.
- Using a spoon, make 5 indentations in tomato mixture and crack 1 egg into each. Cook 10 minutes or until eggs are set.
We suggest serving this flavor-packed dish with pita wedges, so you can mop up the tasty sauce!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!