Sheet Pan Toad-in-a-Hole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!
What You'll Need
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices country-style bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bacon in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, let cool slightly, then coarsely crumble.
- Meanwhile, coat another baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Using a 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter or the rim of a drinking glass, make a hole in the center of each bread slice. Butter one side of each slice and place on baking sheet, buttered side down. Lightly butter top side.
- Gently crack an egg into each bread hole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your desired doneness. Sprinkle with bacon and scallion, if desired, and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Love this toad-in-the-hole recipe? The minimal cleanup makes it so worth it! For more all-in-one meals, check out our All-in-One Dinner and our juicy Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken & Veggies!
- For more brinner recipes, try our Breakfast Monkey Bread, this sweet-as-can-be Caramel Pecan French Toast, or, for a 5-star favorite, try our Mancake Pancakes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Download this FREE eCookbook for some yummy brunch recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 15g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 188mg 63 %
- Sodium 461mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have yourself a morning Greek feast with our recipe for Spinach Feta Scramble. Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh veggies, and feta cheese make for a super colorful and egg-ceptionally delicious way to start your day. You'll love this flavorful way to enjoy scrambled eggs!