We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A bayou favorite, Blackened Catfish gets its great taste from an easy rub made with a combination of zesty seasonings. This catfish dish makes a great addition to your summer grilling line-up!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
What to Do
Coat a hinged grill basket with cooking spray (see Notes). Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except catfish; mix well.
Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of catfish, patting seasoning lightly onto fish.
- Place fish in grill basket and grill fish 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
If you don't have a grill basket, be sure to spray your grill with cooking spray before heating to help keep your fish from falling apart when you flip it.
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish
For more information about U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, visit www.uscatfish.com