Buttermilk Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never used buttermilk in a batter, are you ever in for a treat. Our delicious crispy batter-fried Buttermilk Fish Fillets will win you loads of tasty compliments.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more if needed for frying
What to Do
- Place fish in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and pour buttermilk over fish, completely coating it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine biscuit baking mix, salt, and ground red pepper; mix well. Remove fish from buttermilk, discarding excess buttermilk, and place in biscuit baking mixture, coating evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place a few pieces of fish in skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter, cover with foil, and repeat with remaining fish, adding more oil if needed. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!