Buttermilk Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never used buttermilk in a batter, are you ever in for a treat. Our delicious crispy batter-fried Buttermilk Fish Fillets will win you loads of tasty compliments.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more if needed for frying
What to Do
- Place fish in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and pour buttermilk over fish, completely coating it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine biscuit baking mix, salt, and ground red pepper; mix well. Remove fish from buttermilk, discarding excess buttermilk, and place in biscuit baking mixture, coating evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place a few pieces of fish in skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter, cover with foil, and repeat with remaining fish, adding more oil if needed. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!