Buttermilk Fried Fish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love fried chicken, you've gotta try Buttermilk Fried Fish! It's so delicious, it practically flakes in your mouth!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds skinless white-fleshed fish fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying (to cover 1/4-inch of large frying pan)
What to Do
- Thaw fish if frozen. Cut fish into serving size portions and place in a shallow dish. Pour buttermilk over fish and let stand for 30 minutes in refrigerator, turning once.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and salt. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Remove fish from buttermilk and coat with biscuit mixture.
- Place fish in frying pan in a single layer and cook until browned on both sides and it flakes easily with a fork. Drain fish on paper towels and serve.
- Sole, perch and flounder work especially well.
- Top off the meal with a side of our Southern Slaw!