Catfish 'n' Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This down-home Southern dinner features fresh, U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish that are seasoned, sauteed, and topped with a trio of veggies before they're finished off with a flavorful sauce and placed on freshly baked biscuits. Our Catfish 'n' Biscuits are downright delicious!
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 US farm-raised catfish fillets, cut in half
- 1 (10.2-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits, cooked according to package directions
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons butter and the oil until butter has melted and oil is hot. Saute onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper 15 minutes, or until onions begin to caramelize. Remove vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix Old Bay Seasoning and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly on both sides of fish.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Saute fish in batches 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once when browned.
- Place 2 fish halves on bottom of each biscuit, top with vegetable mixture, then place top of biscuit over mixture and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"