Catfish 'n' Slaw
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"
What You'll Need
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons blackened seasoning (see Note)
- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, onion, pineapple, sugar, vinegar, and oil; mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle blackened seasoning evenly on both sides of fish and place in skillet. Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove to a platter.
- Spoon coleslaw over fish and serve.
- To make your own blackened seasoning, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix it all together well.
- For more tasty recipes like this one, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!