Garden Fresh Baked Tuna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who said tuna fish is all the same? You won't need a can opener to enjoy the fresh tastes of both the garden and the ocean...at the same time!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tuna steaks (about 1½ pounds total), 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium-sized plum tomatoes, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon oil in the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Place the tuna in the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the rosemary, red pepper, and salt evenly over the fish. Top with the tomatoes and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tuna is cooked to desired doneness.
This is a perfect dish to make if you like your tuna steak rare or even medium-rare. Just make sure to use very fresh tuna, and reduce the cooking time to achieve the desired doneness.