Heart Healthy Salmon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Salmon is high in heart-healthy Omega 3 fatty acids, plus lycopene-rich tomatoes give this dish a Mediterranean flair and an extra boost of goodness. This heart-healthy fish dish is the perfect choice for a nutritious, quick and easy weeknight meal.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced green salad olives (optional)
- 4 salmon fillets
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray then coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, cumin, and cinnamon; mix well. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in olives, if desired.
- Place fish in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over top and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.