Summer Stuffed Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the summer, when ruby-red tomatoes are fresh and easily available, we love to make healthy and delicious meals like our Summer Stuffed Tomatoes. Stuffed with mild, white fish and a yummy combination of veggies and seasonings, these stuffed tomatoes are perfect for both a potluck picnic and a light summer supper.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds U.S. farm-raised catfish, cooked and flaked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tomatoes, core removed
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine fish, celery, scallion, pickle relish, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cut each tomato into 6 wedges, being careful not to cut through tomato completely. Spoon fish mixture evenly into center of each tomato, sprinkle with paprika, and serve.
For more great recipes using U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, please visit: http://uscatfish.com/recipes/.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.