Chocolate Coconut Chillers
- 15 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
Making your own homemade novelty ice cream can be fun and rewarding, but that is secondary to the enjoyment everybodys gonna get from this rich coconut and almond filling!
What You'll Need
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chocolate-flavored hard-shell topping
What to Do
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups; place a chocolate wafer cookie in each cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream and coconut; mix well. Using an ice cream scoop, place a rounded scoop of the ice cream mixture into each cup. Top each with the chopped almonds and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Drizzle hard-shell topping over each until the tops are completely covered. Freeze until the chocolate is firm. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Another favorite version of this is to mix chopped miniature peanut butter cups with the ice cream, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts and top with a chocolate-peanut butter-flavored hard-shell topping. Mmm!
Read NextPistachio Icebox Cake