We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tortoni is a traditional Italian dessert that combines vanilla ice cream with crushed almonds or coconut. The shortcut for our Coconut Tortoni is the secret ingredient: crumbled coconut macaroons. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 12 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup crumbled coconut macaroons (see Note)
What to Do
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream and cherries; mix well and scoop into the baking cups. Place in the freezer until firm.
- In a medium bowl, combine the whipped topping and syrup; mix well and spoon over the ice cream mixture. Top each with crumbled macaroons. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
No macaroons on hand? No problem, just substitute 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.