Frozen Mud Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Frozen Mud Pie is a crunchy-sweet treat that'll take you back to childhood. This tastes even better with a glass of cold milk.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (see Option)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 1 prepared 9-inch chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What to Do
- In a large bowl, dissolve the coffee granules in the coffee liqueur. Add the ice cream, half of the whipped topping, and 1/2 cup pecans; mix well. Pour into the pie crust, cover, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons pecans.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate, and freeze for 4 more hours, or until firm. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
If you don’t have coffee-flavored liqueur on hand, you can dissolve the coffee granules in a tablespoon of hot water.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 707
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 40g 61 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 83 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 59mg 20 %
- Sodium 323mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 71g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 52g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ben's Chili Bowl has been a landmark restaurant in Washington D.C. since 1958. The restaurant first became famous for its homemade chili dogs. After getting tasting one, we knew we had to recreate this chili in our Test Kitchen. Our recipe for Ben's Chili Dog is the next best thing to the real version, and your family is going to devour it.