We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make tasty memories this winter with these sweet Holiday Snowmen! Kids will love making their own unique version of one of their favorite winter icons.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 gallon eggnog or vanilla ice cream
- Cake decorating candies or mini chocolate chips
- 6 peppermint patties
- 6 licorice gumdrops or small peanut butter cups
- 6 pieces red licorice
- 12 chocolate-dipped reception sticks
- 6 small candy canes
- Shredded, sweetened coconut or white chocolate shavings
What to Do
- Place a large scoop of ice cream on a dessert plate then place a smaller scoop on top. Decorate ice cream like a snowman, using cake decorating candies or mini chocolate chips to make eyes, mouths and buttons (see Note).
- Place a peppermint patty on snowman's "head" and place a gumdrop or peanut butter cup askew on top of the patty, making a top hat. Wrap a piece of red licorice between the two ice cream scoops to make a scarf.
- Stick 2 reception sticks into the larger scoop to make arms and hang a candy cane on one of the arms. Scatter coconut or white chocolate shavings lightly around and on top of each snowman.
- Store in freezer while making 5 more snowmen with remaining ingredients, then serve.
- Work quickly or freeze between steps so the ice cream won't melt!
- Feel free to use your favorite candies to make your own unique snowman!
Recipe courtesy of Edy's Grand Ice Cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.