Strawberry Italian Ice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no better way to quench your thirst at the state fair than with a Strawberry Italian Ice. Whether ya eat it with a spoon, like ice cream, or squish it out of a cup, like a snow cone, ya just can't miss. It's refreshingly delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 3 cups ice cubes, divided
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries, sugar, honey, lemon juice, and 2 cups ice. Blend until mixture is chunky. Add remaining ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish; freeze 1 hour. Scrape the ice with a fork until slushy, then freeze 3 to 4 more hours, or until solid.
- Scrape the ice with a fork, then scoop into balls and serve.
Who doesn't like a cool and refreshing dessert, especially on a summer day? Well, we certainly do, and one of our favorites around here is our Dreamy Orange Ice Pops! It takes us back to summers past.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.