Zesty Orange Sorbet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Squeeze this one into your snack plans and you know everyone will be eating with zest!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (0.25 ounces) unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups orange juice, divided (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar and gelatin; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup orange juice to boiling over high heat, then add the gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining orange juice and the grated orange peel; mix well. Pour into a shallow pan, cover, and freeze for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Break into medium-sized pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade. Process until the mixture is smooth, then spoon into an airtight storage container. Seal and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, until firm.
Makes about 1 quart.
Should you use fresh-squeezed orange juice or juice from a carton? Both taste good in here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!