Not Fried "Fried" Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
If you're looking to take your favorite flavor of ice cream to a new level, then look no more. This is super easy to make, yet tastes super fancy, and we haven't met anyone who hasn't loved the combo of creaminess and crunch. So what are you waiting for?
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups frosted corn flakes cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. With a large ice cream scoop, form eight ice cream balls, each about 2-1/2-inches in diameter. Place on baking sheet then place in freezer for about 1 hour or until frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, coat another rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and spread on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to a shallow dish and allow to cool completely.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll each in cereal mixture, coating on all sides. Place back on baking sheet and freeze 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If you’re thinking… “Will this work with any flavor ice cream, frozen yogurt, or sherbet?” the answer is yes! For a special touch, drizzle each ball of ice cream with honey or caramel sauce. And to really go all out, dollop on some fresh whipped cream.
- For more fun in the freezer, try out our collection of Fabulously Easy Freezer Cakes!
- Want more recipes full of easy shortcuts? Head on over to Easy Home Meals!