Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate! That means you can personalize them for everyone on your Christmas list. They are gonna love the unique and oh-so-yummy Christmas gift you made just for them!
What You'll Need
- 4 wooden craft sticks
- 4 large Fuji or similar apples, washed and dried
- 1 (11-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Holiday sprinkles and candy for garnish
What to Do
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper and coat with cooking spray. Insert a wooden craft stick into the stem end of each apple.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine caramels and water, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and spoon over apples, coating completely. Place coated apples on baking sheet and chill 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening, stirring constantly. Spoon chocolate evenly over caramel-coated apples. While the chocolate is still melted, decorate apples with sprinkles and candy. Yes, this is the part when you want to recruit your kids and grandchildren to help out. Chill 30 minutes or until set. Enjoy.
Fancy It Up
- Make these caramel apples your own by covering with your favorite type of chocolate – white, milk, or semisweet, or even use more than one type. And as for the toppings, feel free to get creative. Maybe sprinkle them with your favorite nuts, seasonal sprinkles, or crushed candy. Let’s just say, it’s time to go nuts!
- For more can't-resist DIY Christmas gifts, check out our collection of Homemade Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen! It's got something for everyone on your gift-list this season!
- Every year we love putting together our favorite Christmas Cookies! Check out our past lists with the 2017 Christmas Cookie Countdown, our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown, or our 2012 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
- If you're hosting the holidays this year, you have to check out our Easy Christmas Morning Menu. These are the perfect festive recipes to start the day right!
- Plus, we know that the holidays can be a bit stressful, so we put together our favorite Holiday Helpers recipes in this free eCookbook!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Christmas candy always makes a yummy gift!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,137
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52g 80 %
- Saturated Fat 30g 148 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.9g 8 %
- Cholesterol 7.2mg 2 %
- Sodium 192mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 185g 62 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 150g 0 %