Frosty Cantaloupe Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the secret to making our frosty cantaloupe soup so creamy? The secret "scoop" is the vanilla ice cream, and your gang is gonna love this cold fruit soup!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized ripe cantaloupe, chunked (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- Half of a 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrated, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Fresh mint leaves
What to Do
- Process cantaloupe chunks, ice cream, honey, and orange juice concentrate in a food processor until smooth, in batches if necessary; transfer to a large pitcher or serving bowl. Cover mixture, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, gently stir in the ginger ale. Garnish individual servings with fresh mint leaves.
- For variety, you might want to make Honeydew Soup. Simply chunk up half of a large honeydew instead of a cantaloupe, and instead of orange juice concentrate, use half of a thawed 6-ounce can of frozen limeade concentrate.
- If you're looking for more chilled soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.
- Cranberry-Pecan Relish
- Apple Pie Toast
- Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples
- Mojito Fruit Salad
- 50+ Easy Apple Recipes: What to Make With Apples
- 22 Easy Peach Recipes You Can't Miss!
- Farm Stand Fruit Dip
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Waldorf Gelatin
- Watermelon Patch Shortcake