Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Fruit Salsa: The "Other" Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is like a relish or chutney - a yummy "something different" to tantalize their taste buds.
What You'll Need
- 6 nectarines or peaches, pitted and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Great served warm or cold with cooked chicken, meat, or fish. Perfect for using leftover nectarines or peaches, it'll hold, covered, in the fridge for one to two weeks.