Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Use angel food cake, pound cake, iced cake, or a combination! Make trifle whenever you have leftover cake (or even doughnuts or danish!). You can change it every time you make it, by changing the fruit, pudding and, of course, the leftover cake!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 5 cups cake cubes
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced or diced peaches, drained and juice reserved
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Mix with a wire whisk 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened; set aside.
- In a medium-sized serving bowl, layer cake cubes, half peaches and half pineapple, then half pudding. Repeat layers, finishing with remaining pudding. Top with whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is a fancy dessert that's easy to make - and it looks even fancier if you layer it in a trifle dish or other glass bowl, showing off the layers of different colors and ingredients! If you'd like, go ahead and garnish the top with fresh or canned fruit, cookie crumbs, or toasted nuts.