Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Fruited Acorn Squash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's no problem getting the kids to eat their veggies when we give 'em sweet dishes like this Fruited Acorn Squash. It has just the right amount of sweetness and it works as a side dish for practically every entree.
What You'll Need
- 2 medium acorn squash (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds each) (see Tip)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded and chopped orange
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pierce squash with a fork, and arrange on paper towels in microwave. Microwave on high power for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Cut in half, and remove seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, orange, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Spoon evenly into squash halves and place on baking sheets.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
To keep squash halves upright as they bake, before stuffing, cut a narrow slice off the bottom of each half.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!