Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With peaches grown in such abundance in the South, it's no wonder this refreshing side dish is the perfect go-along for chicken or pork.
What You'll Need
- 1 (29-ounce) can peach halves, drained, syrup reserved
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- 6 whole cloves
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring the reserved peach syrup, the water, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon candies, and cloves to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Allow to boil for 3 minutes, then add the peaches and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the edges of the peaches turn red. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Makes about 4 cups.
This one's perfect as a side dish with practically any meal, or as part of a sweet relish tray.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!