Strawberry Melon Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fruity Strawberry Melon Soup may sound like a refreshing summer treat, but who says you can't enjoy it all-year-round?
What You'll Need
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, cubed (about 6 1/4 cups)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 4 cups orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon strawberry liqueur (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- Process half of cantaloupe, half of strawberries, and 1/2 cup orange juice in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides. Pour into a large bowl; set aside. Process remaining cantaloupe and strawberries, and 1/2 cup orange juice; add to bowl.
- Add remaining 3 cups orange juice, the lemon juice, liqueur, if desired, and ginger to bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Your supermarket produce department should have a wide selection of already-cut fruit. And it's also a great place to pick up precut vegetables...they're real time savers.
For some added flavor, add a dollop of sour cream on top! Yum!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!