Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Summer Fruit Stack
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer Fruit Stack is always a popular recipe because it's easy to make it your own. Use whatever fruit you've got on hand, from berries to melon and anything in between.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10- to 12-ounce) angel food cake (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 to 6 unpeeled peaches, plums, or nectarines (or a combination), sliced or chunked
What to Do
- Tear the angel food cake into little pieces and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Add the angel food cake pieces to the mixture; mix well.
- In a large glass serving bowl, alternate layers of cake mixture and fruit.
A store-bought angel food cake is just right for this.