Vanilla Spice Roasted Fruit
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serving this tasty dessert is a good way to get fruit into your diet. The fruit tenderizes as it roasts in the oven, and a thick syrup forms as the sugar melts?yum-my!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups frozen sliced peaches, unthawed
- 2 cups frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, unthawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Stir together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and generously butter. Place fruit on baking sheet, and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Toss well; then spread in a single layer.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until juices are syrupy and fruit is tender. Remove from oven; place fruit in a medium bowl, and stir in vanilla. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream or cake slices.