Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Warm Cinnamon Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready for a tried-and-true fall favorite dessert? This recipe for Warm Cinnamon Apples will get you feelin' cozy on a crisp autumn day. Serve these up with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream for an after-dinner dessert you won't be able to resist.
What You'll Need
- 4 McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
What to Do
- Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag, tossing to coat apples.
- Cook apple mixture, water, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
If you can't find McIntosh apples, substitute another baking apple, such as Rome or Gala; or try a crisp, tart green apple, such as Granny Smith.