Watermelon Patch Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to put some novelty into your dessert routine? Then you're gonnna love the big switch that a burst of juicy red watermelon brings to this shortcake. Our Watermelon Patch Shortcake will have everyone smiling!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
- 2 cups watermelon, diced
- 1/2 cup raspberry Melba sauce
What to Do
Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and brush the tops with the melted butter. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon; mix well and sprinkle over the tops of the biscuits. Bake according to the package directions and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff peaks form.
Split the biscuits and top with half of the whipped cream. Divide the watermelon equally over the topping, reserving some for garnish.
- Replace the biscuit tops, then top with the remaining whipped cream and reserved watermelon. Drizzle with the raspberry Melba sauce and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.