Refrigerator Layered Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Refrigerated Layered Salad is a super make-ahead salad that holds up well and looks as good as it tastes. With a rainbow of colorful layers and taste bud-pleasing textures, this salad recipe is perfect for entertaining.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, and curry powder; mix well and set aside.
- In a large glass serving bowl, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, radishes, cheese, and bacon bits.
- Spread curry dressing over top; cover and chill overnight, or at least 2 hours, before serving. Toss and serve.
The nice thing about this salad is that it can be made a day ahead of time so there's no last-minute chopping and preparation. Of course, if you want to make it just before serving, you can do that, too. It's just as good that way!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 366
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 48mg 16 %
- Sodium 604mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 7.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!