Roasted Onion Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oven-roasted onions add rich flavor to this simple green salad recipe. Whether you've got company coming over, or you just need a change-of-pace from your typical green dinner salad, give this Roasted Onion Salad a try!
What You'll Need
- 5 medium onions, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch think slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup garlic vinaigrette dressing
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange onion slices in a lightly greased roasting pan. Drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until onion slices are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes.
- Combine salad greens, walnuts, and blue cheese; toss gently. Top with onions, and drizzle with garlic vinaigrette.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 275
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 24g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.9g 14 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 3.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!