South-of-the-Border Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bite and you'll know what we mean! This is a welcome change of pace when it comes to summertime dining.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce; toss until evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, place lettuce; top with chicken, tomato, corn, black beans, onion, and cheese. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
- Top with tortilla strips, and serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
- If you would like, you can use chicken from a cooked rotisserie chicken or you can cook your own..that is up to you!
- If you're looking for more ways to use that rotisserie chicken check out our Quick and Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes!
- Want more great salad recipes? We've got a great variety in our Divine Deli Salad Recipes collection. One of these is sure to be your new favorite!
- If you liked this recipe, we know you'd love our Berry Grape Chicken Salad. It's our twist on a classic and you're going to want it again and again.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 282
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.7g 17 %
- Cholesterol 29mg 10 %
- Sodium 524mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.