Steamin' Mocha Latte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The coffee craze is nothing new, but did you know you can enjoy a delicious latte at home for just a fraction of the cost? Yep, whip up a Steamin' Mocha Latte and enjoy homemade latte goodness! You can enjoy this steamy, chocolatey coffee treat in the comfort of your own home. Forget waiting in lines every morning--this easy, homemade latte recipe will be your new favorite drink after just one sip.
What You'll Need
- Mocha Latte Syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Half-and-half (See Step 3 for how much you need)
What to Do
- To make the Mocha Latte Syrup, in a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, espresso powder, and cinnamon. Whisk in the water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Now to make each steaming mug full, in a saucepan over low heat, place one cup of half-and-half for each serving desired; heat until hot but not boiling. Pour one cup of hot half-and-half in a mug and add 1 tablespoon of Mocha Latte Syrup. Stir well and serve piping hot.
- Refrigerate any remaining syrup.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- You can find espresso powder right next to the instant coffee. Yes, they still make instant coffee!
- For delicious coffee drinks, check out our recipes for our Almond Cafe Latte. Not feeling coffee today? You'll love our Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate.
- Want something to go with your coffee? Make our Back-to-Basics Coffee Cake or our Banana-Chocolate Chip Biscotti!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got kids to take to after-school activities or just an afternoon of errands planned, these Gooey Peanut Butter Squares make for a great on-the-go snack. They're ooey-gooey sweet while still packing in some nutritious ingredients, like whole-grain cereal and protein-rich peanut butter. They're sure to keep everyone going!