How to Carve a Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Carving your holiday bird doesn't have to be a chore! Our step-by-step tips will guide you to a perfectly carved turkey that you can proudly present at your Thanksgiving feast!
What to Do
TEST KITCHEN TURKEY CARVING TIPS
Roast your turkey the day before or early on the day you're going to serve it.
Remove turkey from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before carving it, to prevent the juices from escaping.
Remove thighs and drumsticks by gently bending each away from the carcass and, using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut between the joints.
Using a sharp knife, cut along one side of the breast bone to remove the entire breast in one piece. It will look like a big boneless roast. Repeat same step on other side.
Place cut-up turkey in a heavy roasting pan and, if you’re serving it soon, let it sit, covered, to keep warm. If you’re preparing it ahead of time, cover the pan and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to reheat it.
- To reheat it, pour some chicken broth into the pan, cover it, and heat it in a preheated oven or, even faster and smarter, to free up oven space, steam it on the stovetop about 15 minutes. Either way, you’ll have the juiciest turkey ever! Right before serving, simply slice the turkey breast across the grain and you're ready to go with no mess and no fuss at the table.
Our Thanksgiving gift to you is this easy recipe for Classic Roast Turkey. No need to thank us, just enjoy!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!
- How To Make Glaze
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet Plus Cleaning Tips
- How to Frost a Cake
- How to Make Frosting
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
- How to Melt Chocolate
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
- How to Peel an Egg