How To Cut Corn Off the Cob
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh corn has an unparalleled, crisp and subtly sweet taste that cannot be beat! Use fresh corn within one or two days of picking for optimal sweetness, and learn How to Shuck Corn with Howard in one of his many "How To" videos. In this video, "How to Cut Corn Off the Cob," Howard shows us a super easy way to cut corn off the cob without the hassle or the mess. Use fresh corn as a tastier substitute in your favorite recipes, like Fresh Corn Dip or Farm-Fresh Corn Salad. Fresh corn is the perfect one-to-one substitute for canned corn or frozen corn.
Don’t worry if you don’t know the first thing about how to cutting corn off the cob; it's easy with these simple steps from Howard. Check out the video to watch him in action!
- After you've removed the extra silks off the cob, cut the bottom knob off so you can stand the corn upright.
- Take two bowls, one large and one small. Place the small bowl inside the large one, upside down. Stand the corn on the dome of the upside-down bowl.
- Run your knife through the corn and watch as all of the kernels fall into the bowl and not on your floor!
That’s all! Now you can use your fresh corn kernels to make these delicious corn recipes:
This Stacked Taco Salad is a great main course dish that looks great on any party or dinner table. It's a hearty salad that you can put together in a flash!
Fresh and cut off the cob or flash-frozen, corn makes a great base for this goes-with-everything relish. Corn Relish is an all-American favorite recipe that's sure to be the hit of your next party, picnic or company dinner.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How to Crack a Coconut
- How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet Plus Cleaning Tips
- How to Peel an Egg
- How to Shuck Corn
- How to Make Frosting
- How to Frost a Cake
- How To Make Glaze
- How to Make Spaghetti Squash
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time