How To Make Colored Sugar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's just something extra special about cupcakes, cakes, and cookies that someone has taken the time to add a little bit more personality to. While decorative icing is always a great way to add character to our favorite desserts, there is an even easier way to make your desserts stand out: colored sugar! We love using colored sugar to spruce up our favorite sugar cookies, and it's a great way to decorate those easy Christmas cookies you like to make every year. No matter what the occasion, or time of year, colored sugar is a great way to add pizzazz, and bring a smile to anyone's face!
Check out our video and tips on how to make colored sugar. Once you see how easy it is, you'll never buy the already-made stuff again!
- Take a plastic baggie (or bowl) and put in your desired amount of sugar. We suggest starting with ½ cup to 1 cup.
- Add a drop or two of food coloring. You can mix and match different colors to get your desired shade. If you want a pale color, use less coloring. For vibrant colors, add a couple more drops!
- Make sure the bag is well sealed, so you can massage the coloring into the sugar.
- You've just created one of the easiest edible cake decorations! Sprinkle on all of your favorite sweet treats.
Now that you know how to make colored sugar, why not try your hand at making some of these easy dessert recipes?
You won't want to miss our "Taste of Disney" series which inspired our Test Kitchen team to create these Magical Stuffed Cupcakes!
This mini homemade version of one of our favorite store-bought treats, will run rings around the original. Why? Because nothing beats the taste of fresh out of the oven homemade Mini Fruit Pockets oozing with our favorite fruit preserves.
Karen, from Blue Lake, California explains that the best part of this recipe is being able to personalize the cookies however you like. You can make them fruity, add some chocolate or sprinkles -- whatever you like!
These colorful cookies will add that festive touch to any cookie platter this holiday season. The recipe for Cherry Drops is so easy, you'll want to make these all year long!
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How to Crack a Coconut
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
- How To Peel an Apple
- How to Cut a Watermelon
- How to Slice an Onion
- How To Make Glaze
- How to Make Frosting
- How to Carve a Turkey
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time