How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Next time you carve a pumpkin, don't forget to save the insides and make some yummy roasted pumpkin seeds. Roasting pumpkin seeds is not only easy, it's also a great way to fully utilize your Halloween Jack-o-Lantern. Roasted pumpkin seeds are a healthy and nutritious snack packed with protein and lots of fiber. Plus, you can season them anyway you'd like. Eat them alone, sprinkle them on salads or soups, pair them with cheese, or bake them into muffins and cookies. Roasted pumpkin seeds will fill you house with the smells of autumn and your tummies with a healthy and satisfying snack. Don't let your pumpkin seeds go to waste!
Check out our video and tips on how to roast pumpkin seeds. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be adding roasted pumpkin seeds to everything!
- Clean seeds by separating them from the pumpkin's fleshing insides. Tip: Place "pumpkin goo" in a bowl and fill with water. The seed will separate easily and float to the top! Place seed in colander to drain.
- Spread seeds onto baking sheet. It's ok if there's a little pumpkin mixed in.
- Drizzle the seeds with olive oil or butter and season with spices of your choosing (salt, pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, whatever!). Stir seeds around to mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them, because once they start to brown they'll go quickly! Let them cool and enjoy!
Now that you know how to make roast pumpkin seeds, why not try your hand at making some of these yummy recipes that would go great with pumpkin seeds? Click here for our Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe!
We've taken Lollipops, one of our favorite new vegetables, which is a cross between Red Kale and Brussels sprouts, and added a seasonal spin with walnuts and cranberries. You'll never think of salad the same way again!
After you see how easy it is to make these homemade granola bars, you'll never buy a box from the store again! They're loaded with protein and perfect for breakfast on the go or even a midday snack.
This is a Halloween dessert that's great anytime! Mix up a couple of Pumpkin Parfaits and keep your guests delighted!
This Pumpkin Sundae Pie is a frozen delight and among our favorite recipes in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. You gotta try this one!
- How to Melt Chocolate
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
- How to Frost a Cake
- How to Peel an Egg
- How To Make Glaze
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Cut Up a Whole Chicken
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
- How to Core an Apple
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs