Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Cook Perfect Rice Every Time
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It’s a side staple that appears at so many of our tables, and while it may not be the star at dinner, it’s certainly a supporting act. However, we don’t want a side to weigh down main entrée, so here’s some tips from the USA Rice Federation to make your rice as light as can be—creating the perfect go-along.
Leave room: Keep in mind that rice triples in volume when cooked. So make sure whatever you cook it in has plenty of room.
Baking rice: If you’re baking rice in the oven, boiling water should be used to start the cooking process.
Stovetop Cooking: If you want the grains to be more separated, then sauté the rice in a little butter or margarine before you add any liquid to the pan.
Don’t stir: Also, resist the urge to stir the rice while it cooks. Stirring releases starches and makes rice sticky.
Keep it covered: Keep the lid on tight to prevent steam from escaping while cooking rice. This releases heat, which can affect the cooking process.
- Getting fluffy: Once it’s cooked, fluff the rice with a fork or slotted spoon, these are better than a solid spoon because they allow steam to escape and help separate the grains of rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- Table Setting 101
- How to Make a Puff Pastry Braid
- How to Use Your Slow Cooker: Tips & Tricks for Your Best Meals Yet
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- How to Use a Chimney Starter