Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sharing tips for anyone with the baking bug to check the freshness of both baking powder and baking soda.
What to Do
To test for baking powder freshness:
Place 1 tablespoon water in a bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
To test for baking soda freshness:
Place 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
Try our recipe for homestyle Baking Powder Biscuits that'll melt in your mouth!
- Table Setting 101
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Watermelon Centerpieces That Wow: How to Make a Watermelon Basket
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Top 10 Tips for Baking Perfect Pies
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- How to Use a Chimney Starter
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion