Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sharing tips for anyone with the baking bug to check the freshness of both baking powder and baking soda.
What to Do
To test for baking powder freshness:
Place 1 tablespoon water in a bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
To test for baking soda freshness:
Place 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
Try our recipe for homestyle Baking Powder Biscuits that'll melt in your mouth!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- How to Build the Perfect Cheese Board
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips
- How to Make Candied Pecans
- Table Setting 101
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- How to Use Your Slow Cooker: Tips & Tricks for Your Best Meals Yet
- How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes