Dunkin' Lamb One-Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Maybe we should have added a hearty bread to this ingredient list, 'cause that's what makes eating this lamb so good -- all the dunkin'!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds leg of lamb or lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute, or until lightly browned. Add onion and lamb and cook 8 to 9 minutes, or until onions are tender and lamb is no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until lamb is fork-tender.
For a special occasion, you might want to replace 1/2 cup of the water with 1/2 cup dry white wine. Put a few croutons in the soup and you've got another great way to "dunk" without dunkin'!