We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some people might think that all skewers are created equal. Not true! You'll know after using the metal variety that are oval or flat rather than round. Those won't let your lamb slip off or twist around when it's cooking.
What You'll Need
- 6 (12-inch) skewers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 24 (1-inch) chunks
What to Do
- Preheat broiler. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, garlic, sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add lamb chunks and toss to coat completely.
- Thread 4 lamb chunks onto each skewer, leaving space between pieces.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet and broil 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Serve immediately.
You can make this a true Middle Eastern delight by serving the kebabs over a bed of rice pilaf.