Minestrone Lamb Shanks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can't miss with these plump, tender lamb shanks combined with a hearty minestrone taste and a sauce that's perfect for dunking. (Don't forget the crusty bread!)
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lamb shanks (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 1 can (19 ounces) minestrone soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown the lamb shanks, turning occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the potato flakes; mix well and pour over the shanks.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 to 21/2 hours or until the shanks are fork-tender.
- Remove the shanks to a serving platter.
- Add the potato flakes to the pan juices; mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened. Return the shanks to the skillet and coat with the sauce.