One Pot Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy one-pot international favorite starts with bite-sized boneless leg of lamb chunks and pasta pearls known as couscous. One Pot Couscous cooks up into a flavorful, change-of-pace Moroccan-style lamb stew your gang is sure to enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds lamb stew meat or boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous (see Note)
What to Do
Coat a soup pot with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown the lamb, onion, and garlic 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
Add crushed tomatoes, broth, mixed vegetables, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until lamb is fork-tender.
- Stir in couscous and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until couscous is tender.
Couscous can usually be found in the pasta and rice section of your supermarket.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!