Simmered Curried Lamb
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
All it takes is one pan and a few ingredients to turn boneless lamb into an international favorite. I bet this makes lamb a regular main course at your house.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb or lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the lamb chunks and onions for 12 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is fork-tender.
Did you know that Granny Smith apples are one of the best types for this recipe? That's what the viewer who shared this recipe told me...and she's right!