All-in-One Goulash Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One-pot dishes are great because we get an all-in-one meal with easy preparation and cleanup which means no fuss and no mess!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (32 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Crumble the beef into a microwave-safe 3-quart casserole dish. Microwave at 80% power for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, bell pepper, onion, garlic, macaroni, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the salt, and pepper. Microwave at 80% power for 15 to 16 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 mozzarella cheese over the top of the goulash. Microwave at 80% power for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Many foods continute to cook (by conduction) even after their microwave cooking cycles are finished. For instance, by covering a casserole dish with foil and allowing it to stand after cooking for 5 to 10 minutes, the food will continute to cook in the center without overcooking its edges!