American Chicken Chow Mein
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Asian-inspired classic was all the rage in the '60s - and will be popular at your house again when you find out how quickly it all cooks up in the microwave, and everybody tells you how good it is! Here's to a classic: American Chicken Chow Mein!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (10-ounce) chunk chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, onion and celery. Microwave at 90% power for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking.
- Stir in the mushrooms then microwave at 90% power for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover, and microwave at 90% power for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Top this with Chinese noodles and, for fun, try using chopsticks. They're not that hard to use, and, while you're practicing, there'll be lots of laughs around the table!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,449
- Calories from Fat 599
- Total Fat 67g 102 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 102 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 184g 367 %
- Cholesterol 376mg 125 %
- Sodium 4,262mg 178 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.