Cheesy Veggie Frittata
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you thought eggs were just for breakfast... think again! This dish is a perfect choice for brunch, lunch, or even a light dinner. And the best part? Say goodbye to messy pots and pans and hello to microwave ease!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What to Do
- Coat a microwave-safe 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Add the potatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, and scallions. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 90% power for 3 minutes, or until the peppers are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, garlic powder, basil, salt, and black pepper until well blended then por over the potato mixture. Cover and microwave at 90% power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Stir, pushing the cooked portions to the center of the plate.
- Cover and microwave at 90% power for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with the cheese then cut into wedges and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!