We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never had a really good veggie burger, you're missing out! Not only are they good for you, they're really full-flavored, and just as filling as traditional ground-beef burgers!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs, divided
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (see Notes)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons duck sauce
What to Do
- Coat a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, carrot, onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, garlic, soy sauce, eggs, thyme, and remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs; mix well. Form the mixture into 6 equal-sized patties. Coat the atties with the reserved bread crumbs and place in the baking dish.
- Brush each patty with vegetable oil. Microwave at 80% power for 6 minutes, or until set and heated through. Top each burger with duck sauce and serve.
Instant brown rice is a great option for this. Just prepare it using the microwave directions on the package.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 248
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.0g 18 %
- Cholesterol 66mg 22 %
- Sodium 747mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %