Microwave Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sometimes the simplest things are the best. And what better than fancy asparagus drizzled with homemade hollandaise sauce to prove that?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
What to Do
- Place the asparagus (tips toward center) in a microwave-safe 7 x 11 baking dish. Add the water and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and microwave at 90% power for 5 minutes; remove and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter at 90% power for 40 seconds, until melted. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks, lemon juice, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until thick. Slowly pour in the melted butter, whisking well. Microwave uncovered at 40% power for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Uncover the asparagus; drain, and place on a serving platter. Drizzle with the hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.
Freshen up wilted asparagus tips by soaking them in cold water before cooking.