The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Microwave Autumn Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 6 to 8
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
This dish shouts "autumn!" and "sweet flavor!" so, since all the ingredients are available year-round, you can make it any time you want to whip up a quick and yummy side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 (40-ounce) can sweet potatoes or yams, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
What to Do
- Place the sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe 7 x 11 baking dish. Top with the pineapple and carrots then sprinkle with the brown sugar. Microwave at 70% power for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the marshmallows then nicrowave at 70% power for 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows are melted.
Just before serving, sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon or nutmeg, or even some grated orange zest for extra rich flavor and freshness.