Microwave Manhattan Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think the microwave is just good for heating up canned soups from the supermarket - think again! Try using it to make homemade Manhattan Clam Chowder soup and become a believer!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices bacon, minced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (6-1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, undrained
What to Do
- Place the bacon in a microwave-safe 3-quart bowl. Cover and microwave at 80% power for 2 minutes, or until crisp.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chopped clams; mix well. Cover, and microwave at 80% power for 14 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the clams then microwave at 80% power for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Serve this hearty soup with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a slice of crusty Italian bread for dunking.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 119
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.5g 15 %
- Cholesterol 5.8mg 2 %
- Sodium 772mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 5.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- American Chicken Chow Mein
- Microwavable Old-Fashioned Baked Beans
- Microwave Chocolate Almond Truffles
- Microwave Homestyle Sloppy Joes
- Pumpkin Pie in a Mug
- Microwave Chinese Chicken Soup
- Microwavable Crustless Cheesecake Pie
- Microwave Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Microwavable Barbecued Turkey Drumsticks
- Hearty Hamburger Soup